Samstag, 29. Mai 2010

The Mystery of Age

Emmi has been trying to understand time. Especially periods of time. She understands that she is a big girl, but that she is still going to get bigger. And she remembers Lily being a little baby but now "Lily can walk and say MaMaMaMaMa". We've been telling her stories about us being little and doing things just like her and she loves hearing those stories. But she can't really figure out where she was then. So when I tell her how I was also scared of Monsters when I was a little girl like her and how my Mom, her Oma, told me I didn't have to be scared she told me: "No, I was your Mama and I held you!" She thinks she was big when I was little. Cute! She generally understand that her grandparents are Mama and Papas parents but it's kind of hard for her to figure out the details.
All she wants to be when she grows up is to be a Mama. Everything is Mama's and Baby's to her. She'll see big bubbles and little bubbles for example and go: Oh look Mama, there are Mama Bubbles with their babies! She divides Boys and Girls into : "He is going to be a Papa, and she is going to be a Mama." She loves seeing Pregnant Women and loves to talk about the babies in their bellies and how she is going to have a baby in her belly when she is "really big" (with her hand up in the air big ;)) I explained to her recently what twins are since we know a couple and one of my friends from playgroup is pregnant with twins. So now Emmi wants two babies in her belly when she is big and a Mama. The more babies the better...

Keine Kommentare: