Freitag, 18. Juni 2010

Birthday Countdown

Emmi has been talking about her upcoming birthday ever since Lily's Birthday. She talks about it EVERY SINGLE DAY! It's her most favorite topic. It usually starts of with her telling me her biggest birthday wish (as if I could forget, given the fact she has told me only about 200 times). She wants a BIG Baby for her birthday. No, not a real baby, that's what I asked her the first time she said it, just a big baby doll. She wants it so bad it's so hard for me to not give it to her before. But I am not, I actually don't even have it yet, but I ordered it at the toy store. And we now have to go to the toy store occassionally just so she can visit a similar baby doll that they have on display. And every time we have to leave without the baby it's like she is a Mama dropping off her baby at daycare for the first time. Hugging, Kissing, and telling me how much she loves "her" big baby and how she can't wait that long for her birthday anymore. I can't wait for her birthday either!
She also loves to talk about her birthday cake. She has changed her mind several times about what kind of cake she wants from a strawberry cake, to a bunny cake like Lily, to a duck cake, back to a strawberry cake. She has now settled on a Pony Cake and I told her she couldn't change her mind anymore since she insisted on buying the pan for it at Michaels. Now she just changes her mind about what color her pony cake should be.
We were planning to have a big Pool Party on the weekend before her birthday but since we finally realized that having a invitation list of 70 people for a three year olds birthday party was somewhat ridiculous we decided to just have a small party on her actual birthday at our house and she get's to invite all her friends that are actually her age. Which also makes it less stressful for me since I'll be in the middle of packing to get ready to take the Girls back to Germany for four weeks.
And she also tells me how everybody is going to sing Happy Birthday for her and SHE get's to blow out the candles which is going to make the other kids very sad because they don't get to blow them out. I am pretty sure this thought stems from when we are at a birthday party and she gets upset because she doesn't get to blow out the candles.
6 1/2 more weeks and our little girl will be three years old! It's going to go by fast for me but I know it's going to feel like an eternity to Emmi...

Keine Kommentare: