Montag, 28. November 2011

Christmas Time

It is almost December and Christmas seems to be right around the corner. I decided to take a teaching job at a catholic Kindergarten only a five minute bike ride from our house. I had originally planned to teach younger kids at a different pre-school, but will now be teaching the 3-6 year old classroom.* It is the same school I went to as a child and we are getting a spot for Emmi starting in January and for Lily starting in September despite a long waiting list. One of the perks of being a teacher! I am really looking forward now to teaching again!
Emmi is super excited about starting Kindergarten and she is also very excited about Christmas. The Christmas Markets opened on Friday and we took a little trip downtown visiting a couple of them on Sunday. Emmi and Lily split some chocolate covered strawberries and Dugan and I have to come back by ourselves to enjoy some hot wine :) .
Emmi has been busy adding lots of things to her Christmas list and Lily doesn't really care as usual. We'll be celebrating Christmas with my parents and then go up to visit my grandparents over New Years.
Until then we'll be busy visiting lots more Christmas markets, baking Christmas cookies, doing arts and craft projects and (re-)learning lots of Christmas songs.
I love Christmas!
Dugan has started his language class last week and has already improved a lot after just one week! I bet he'll be pretty fluent in less then a year. I am so proud of him!
*German preschools are all age mixed and divided in 0-3 or 3-6 year olds. They go on to 1st Grade at 6 years old. Preschool education is heavily subsidized by the government and being a preschool teacher requires 5 years of schooling. The curriculum mostly emphasizes creative thinking and independence instead of academics like I have seen a lot in the States.

Keine Kommentare: